Certified Classroom Teacher
I. General Description:
To provide quality classroom instruction guided by the Arizona State Standards and Governing Board policies and regulations. Improve instructional practice through ongoing collaboration with master and mentor teachers.
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate
- Must meet all Arizona Department of Education certification requirements, AZ SPED Cross Catagorical Certificate required.
- Must meet all NCLB (Highly Qualified) qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum requirement)
III. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the Teacher Advancement Program (TAP) teacher instructionally focused accountability system.
- Attend ongoing applied professional growth groups (clusters).
- Participate in the TAP team-teaching/coaching model in collaboration with mentor and master teachers to enhance teacher expertise.
- Collaborate on lesson planning and develops expertise in all areas of instruction by working with the mentor and master teachers.
- Develop expertise through creating and maintaining an Individual Growth Plan (IGP).
- Use formal and informal assessment to monitor student progress toward the school achievement goals, including cluster focus.
- Use all resources available to support instructional programs.
- Align lessons to district curriculum and state standards.
- Demonstrate accurate content knowledge of all subjects taught to include integration and connection to other content areas.
- Assist in the design and implementation of individualized education programs through diagnostic teaching, instructional adaptations, and individual behavior management techniques.
- Conduct instruction with clearly stated objectives giving a variety of information to aid students in the achievement of the objective.
- Use effective modeling, guided practices, closure, and independent practice as appropriate to the lesson.
- Use questioning and discussion strategies and higher level thinking skills.
- Adjust the lesson as appropriate to meet the diverse needs of all students.
- Integrate the use of educational technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrate appropriate teacher-student interactions with general warmth, caring, respect within the developmental and cultural norms.
- Maintain polite, respectful and positive student interactions.
- Set high academic and behavioral expectations for every student.
- Convey high expectations for instructional goals, activities, interactions, and classroom environment for student achievement.
- Maintain organized and well-managed instructional groups, transitions, as well as supervision of volunteers and paraprofessionals, when appropriate.
- Maintain a safe, organized, and high quality environment that facilitates learning and minimizing student disruptions.
- Maintain accurate records that meet district, state, and federal timelines.
- Maintain and document effective lines of communication with students and their peers.
- Communicate and cooperate with other staff members, support personnel and administration.
- Participate in professional growth activities and seeks to improve teaching skills.
- Establish efficient systems for performing non-instructional duties resulting in minimal loss of instructional time.
- Demonstrate punctuality and dependability in the performance of school duties.
- Follow district policies, procedures, and directives in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned.
Reports to: Building Administrator
Status: Certified Salary Schedule and District Benefits Package
All applicants must complete an online application, which requires 3 professional letters of recommendation, 3 professional references, a valid AZ Teaching Certificate, a valid Fingerprint Clearance card, Transcripts, Cover Letter, and Resume.